To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Summicron 35 hood question
From: jbuf@ix.netcom.com (John Irvin Buford)
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 22:22:41 -0700

You wrote:

>Curt,
>
>Actually, inflation has not been that much. I believe that a Leica
today
>costs as much as it did in 1963. What worries me more is that a Leica
of
>today should be more innovative than it actually is. I am not too
impressed
>by many of the features being tried by the likes of Nikon, Cannon, and
>Yashica (Contax), but they are at least trying. Leica makes advances,
but
>they are not of the caliber of the M3, SL2, and Summicron. This is
what
>worries me. We should be getting more for our money than just the
>satisfaction of owning a  red logo, which I, incidentally, think
should be
>put in less visible place.
>
>Leica makes small advances, like putting built-in hoods and updating M
>lenses. We should be expecting more from a company with their pedigree
-
>leadership.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Chris Fortunko

What types of improvements would you like to see in Leica's.  I use
both M's and R's.  And from what I understand, the M cameras are kept
that way on purpose, I mean without automation and the like.  The r
cameras are the best built SLR's produced today.  These cameras have
the main features found in most advanced  manual focus SLR's.

John