To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Emotive lenses
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 96 16:09 BST-1
Cc: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

> Brian I have to add a big ditto here as a Leica user and a tube amp
> user.
> Rock and roll guitar players tend to depend on the
> listener-friendliness of
> their old Fender and  Marshall tube amps in their work, and I really
> suspect most Leica users would appreciate the sound of a nicely set up
> Macintosh stereo (and a Macintosh computer that doesn't have tubes but
> is
> almost as friendly/emotive!)

Guitar players (me included) use tube amps because they distort like
sh**, not a characteristic one would want in a hifi.

Me, I'd like to see one of the modern 'electric moustrap' AF cameras
implemented with all the electronics using valves (or tubes, for our
transatlantic friends) :-)

And an all valve CD player (as in the D to A and error correction too)
would be most entertaining...loft conversion anyone?

dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk      |  "You can buy anything in
david@cassandra.compulink.co.uk  |  Harrods, including a
Kilburn, London, England.        |  Member of Parliament"