To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M6 Problems?
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:14:22 -0600 (MDT)

I have a very dear friend who I ran into at the local coffee house this
morning. She spent more than a few minutes complaining how her M6 (brand
new) started behaving rather badly. It seems the meter simply wouldn't work
no matter what she tried. She returned it to the dealer who replaced it with
a new one. I have heard more than a few rumblings about meter reliability on
the M6 body. I am aware that there are several versions of this camera, I
assume though that hers was the latest. Is this a problem or just bad luck?
Could it be that those Germans are not as talented in the electronics dept.
as they are in the machine shop? I recall similiar feelings when my 1993 C2
wouldn't start after being left in the snow. The black box is truly the
antichrist of consumerism.