To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: "PRO" CAMERAS
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 18:13:49 -0400

So let's see a pro camera is ---

1. Defined by the manufacturer.
2. Expensive.
3. Any camera used by a professional to produce income.
4. You know it when you see it.
5. Not necessarily incorporating all the newest bells and whistles.

I think the next step in this discussion is a trip to the Oracle at Delphi.
When I asked the question initially, I was hoping for a consensus of
opinion. So far there may only be one: the Nikon F4/F5. And this from the
Leica group.

Well, at least I can feel comfortable now knowing that if I accept 3, my CL
(which was the thread that prompted my question) is a pro camera, since I
purchased it from a professional who used it as a backup system to his M
series systems. As a matter of fact, he shoot my wedding with it in 1983.
Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com