To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica CL Addendum
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 09:37:39 -0400

At 10:02 29/09/1996 +0200, you wrote:

>Sorry Bob, but I've got to disagree with you. The Leica CL is a very
>fine camera sure, but I wouldn't call it a pro camera because it lacks
>what the Leica M camera's have: a large rangefinder base length. A large
>rangefinder base length, as you know, gives a greater focus-accuracy.
>
>Bert

Does this mean that my question re: what is a pro camera has still not been
answered. If a pro camera requires a long viewfinder base length, then what
about those early Leicas which were definately used by pros which did not
have any rangefinder?

I find the rangefinder more than adeququate for what the camera was designed
for. It was designed w/ the 90 as the max lens, while the M series were
designed to work with 135s (which were in production and therefore had to
accounted for in the design of the M series).

David J. Levy