To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica CL with 40mm
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:13:30 -0400

At 11:18  24/09/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Eric (Welch),
>
>Then both Newton and I are both off the wall, because I use a Leica CL with
>the 40mm in my mix of equipment. The combo never disappointed me. It permits
>me to travel light with professional equipment and results.
>
>I have a gut feeling that compact professional RFs will become staples. Sure,
>the CL bears the Leica rebarbative nature re loading because of its take up
>spool and separate back, but it's a lot easier to handle than the M's. I can
>work very fast with it now. But this little blackbird can fly!
>
>Bob Rosen

Make that 3 votes for the venerable CL. Its is my main travel camera and
backup for my ETRS. With the 40 and 90mm lenses, a flash, filters, etc., and
Minox tripod I have a system which I can wear on my belt. I can't seem to do
that with a Minolta 400si system I recently acquired. The dimensions are
good (compare it to the G-1 for a small surprise). Admittedly, the removable
back takes some time to get used to and I wish it had the 3 lug system of
the later M5. For those who disagree, I'll buy yours for $50.00.
Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com