To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Your Thoughts on Flash Units ... M6
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:13:28 -0400

At 09:08  23/09/96 -0700, you wrote:

>The points thus far have been:
>
>* The Vivitar does the job, however recent units lack quality workmanship.
>* The Metz system is well made, and can be depended upon in the long term.
>* Either the Metz or the Vivitar will work, however the Metz can be
configured for use with a
>wide variety of camera systems.
>
>Glenn
>
>Glenn Thrall
>gthrall@ix.netcom.com

For the bucks, look at the good old Vivitar 283. It seems to be a workhorse
and can be bought used CHEAP. I got mine with an adaptor cable to fire it of
the camera for less than $20. Though the shoe could be a weak point (assumed
from ads for replacement shoes), I've had no trouble.
Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com