To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Your Thoughts on Flash Units ... M6
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 07:03:04 -0400

I own and use both the Vivitar 283 and Metz 40 M2Z (MZ2?). On the M6, the
Vivatar works fine and is quite inexpensive. The Metz has several
advantages, most of which only apply when connected to an R body. The two
that do apply when used on the Vivitar are that you can select any f stop
in auto use, and it has a second, fill flash head tube. I guess one other
would be that it will cover a 28mm while the Vivitar only covers a 35.
There is a large cost difference between the two which must be evealuated
in light of the Metz's small advantages on the M6.

Cheers!

kw

>No opinions thus far in favor of Vivitar. There are now SIX for Metz
>(adding Eric Welch, Marc Small, and Gerard Captijin). Each of the writers
>addressed the issue from differing experiences. Each had well thought out
>reasons for choosing Metz over Vivitar (and other makes).
>
>It appears Metz has the lead in quality.
>
>Gerard Captijn wrote:
>>
>> I'll give you a fourth opinion in favour of Metz, although not really
>> relevant. The Metz factory is owned by the same people who owned Leica
>> Camera before they went public.
>> More seriously, Metz, in my opinion, is an excellent choice for flash gear.
>>
>> Gerard Captijn,
>> Geneva, Switzerland.

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>