To: jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #193
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 18:36:15 -0400
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

   From: James J Dempsey <jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
   Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 09:15:08 -0400

   > I just spoke to Eric at Tamarkin about the new products. Start saving your
   > pennies. Here are the prices:
   >
   > Apo-Telyt-R 280mm head   - $ 4295
   > Apo-Telyt-R 400mm head   - $9795
   >
   > 1X    Focusing Module      -  $3795
   > 1.4X Focusing Module      -  $4995
   > 2X    Focusing Module      -  $6495

   In case anyone didn't add that up, its $30,000 for the set!

This does bring to mind the old Arthur Naiman line about God inventing
goyim because _somebody_ has to buy retail.  I'm a goy myself, but out
of a fair amount of Leica gear, I've only bought a few minor pieces
new, at trifling prices of eighty or a hundred dollars.

-Patrick