To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Is Contax T2 better than Minilux ?
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 16:28:48 -0400

At 06:25  17/09/96 +0300, you wrote:
>    Any opinions about Contax T2 as a compact companion ?
>Is Minilux better ?
>   ( I hate Minilux's viewfinder, and she's fat and ugly, but if it's
>better than Contax ...
>     I am a Leica maniac after all . )
>
>Thanks ,
>
>Jordan.

I can't comment on either of these, but for my money, the Minox ML is a
great camera for a compact. It has a 35/3.5 which is sharp and has very good
contrast. It has a program mode and aperture priority. Additionally, it has
manual iso setting (which means with the aperture priority, it can be a
manual camera). I use mine with XP2, a ND4 filter or skylight (both with
lens shade) and get great results. Slides shot with it have consistently
gotten high scores in competition. The metering on mine is very accurate and
I can meter and hold the setting to compose. It folds to a very compact size
and with the companion flash, everyready case or belt case is one compact
system, unobtrusive that I can always rely on.

The design was originally developed by Leica for an early design compact
camera, which of course did not go into production, but it has come full
circle since Leica recently acquired Minox. I guess if you considered it,
you couldn't be deemed a Leica traitor.
Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com