To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R8
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:09:42 -0400

At 12:14  17/09/96 -0700, you wrote:

>There ain't no Yashica that comes even close to this. Go figure. Now maybe
>some of it is made by Yashica, which is good. Kyocera, no?

How about expanding the statement to mean Contax. Without getting into a
Contax/Leica fight, I just want to say that the new AX is a beautiful camera
and its autofocus system makes me ALMOST want an autofocus camera. It would
have been great if Leica had licensed that technology for the R8. Obviously
Kyocera (with Porshe design) can and does make some handsome equipment. It
is not beyond reality that they had a hand in the design of the physical
characteristice of the R8.
Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com