To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Schneider 35mm/f2.8 Xenogon LTM -Reply
From: Joel Tlumak <JT@JMBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 15:09:51 -0700

True, an f/2.8 is not an f/1.4, but I have shot in extremely low,
low light with f/2.8 lenses -- as well as with faster lenses.  If you
shoot b&w -- all low light shooters I know used it -- use T-Max
3200.  With color I simply use ISO 400 and sometimes ISO
800 slide film (pushing the latter, Scotchcrhome 400, one
stop) and I am able to shoot handheld at night on city  streets,
in store windows, in cafes, jazz clubs, landscapes and urban
scapes and even parties in extremely low light board rooms
at slow shutters speeds but with a Leica that  shouldn't be far
fetched.  And with an f/2.8 lens I get sharp photos and
sometimes purposely partially blurred and sharp photos.  The
limitation, in my opinion, is not necessarily the speed of the
lens.