To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Tmax 400
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 22:19:34 PST

** Reply to note from "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com> Fri, 23 Aug 1996 17:44:49 -0700 (MST)

> but that TriX/D76 1:1 combination was also my
> favorite for street photography during HCB's hayday. I still swoon over
> those tight, sharp as a tack grain clumps with their surprisingly good tonal
> range. Sorry about this...I'll get back on topic as soon as I wipe the
> perspiration from my brow.

Well, Sebastiao Salgado (Leica users to bring this back on topic) used to
use Tri-X exclusively. (Now he also uses TMax P3200) I've seen 16x20
prints from a show by him that make me really respect Tri-X for all the
fabulous pictures it has allowed.

It's a big part of history. But has anyone else here tried Press Maxx
developer? (Note: Not Tmax). I've used T-Max developer since about 6
months before it was on the market (we beta tested T-Max 400 and T-Max
developer at the University of Missouri and it was my job to gather
information and send it to Kodak). It's fabulous, but it's for pushing,
not for normal development, though it works well for that too.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR