To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Film
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 06:45:26 PST

** Reply to note from Laurent SAMINADAYAR <saminad@amoco.saclay.cea.fr> Thu, 22 Aug 1996 10:15:37 +0200

> I did try processing T-Max 3200 two bath (actually my lab did it) in order
> to push it at 6400. The result is wonderfull, if you accept a negative a
> little bit contrasted and grainy (not so much). Need a good printer after!!!

Interesting. I use T-Max developer for it when I can, at work we have
Press Maxx and it's terrible with P3200. With T-Max in a rotary processor
the grain is very tight, smooth and contrast is very nice for a film
pushed to 6400 or 12,800. The film is optimized to be pushed with T-Max
developer, so that's my preference. I've found HC-110 gives me results
with T-Max films that are quite unacceptable. But that's my opinion. I
used to love it with Tri-X, in spite of the massive grain.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR