To: ewelch@cdsnet.net
Subject: Re: R7 special (was Re: Nikon M6)
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 17:06:48 -0400
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

   From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
   Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 07:11:06 -0700

   How else can we explain the price of the R7 dropping nearly $1000? They
   don't want a repeat of the R3 and R4 situation where "new" cameras were
   hanging around years after they were discontinued. I'll bet there are still
   new R3s out there, not hidden in some collector's safe.

The R cameras don't seem to sell all that well in general.  According
to Leica, in the past year they've expanded sales of M6's considerably
(interesting, given the introduction of the Contax G1), but the R
camera sales have only remained constant.  And while I wouldn't bet
that there are new R3's still at dealers, certainly there are plenty
of new R5's for sale, and Adorama has some new R6's.  Not R6.2's, but
R6's, which have been out of production for years, new with the 3-year
Passport Warranty.  (They also want about $1900 for them.)