To: michaelr@interlog.com
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #160
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 16:56:14 -0400
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

   From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
   Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 08:54:31 -0400

   I have no experience with current Minolta cameras, but have very fond
   memories of my SRTs and XK.

   Michael

It's interesting to note that in the Leica R Compendium Eastman says
that things might have played out differently in the industry if Leica
had chosen the XK body, which was more of a pro system camera, instead
of the XD body to base its R series on.  Supposedly they decided
against it because they were concerned about getting foreign matter
into the body through the interchangeable finders.  It seems a strange
concern to me -- surely they could have put a seal around the focusing
screen, which wasn't even interchangeable on the R3.  And I've never
heard anyone complain about having to repair their Pentax 6x7 or Nikon
F4 because of foreign matter getting in through the interchangeable
finder.

-Patrick