To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: bi-focals
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 22:03:50 -0700

At 09:32 AM 7/25/96 -0700, you wrote:

>>> Noisy (manual focus - with the rangefinder -  helps)and it takes a
>few weeks to get use to - but I don't have any focusing problems and
>the results are superb - anybody interested in my comments on the
>camera and doesn't  think they belong here - send me a E-mail

The lenses are superb, but the focusing is unacceptably slow, even in
autofocus, in terms of the delay between hitting the shutter, focusing AFTER
that, and then the picture actually being taken. Way too slow. And the M6 is
probably in the top three for minimal delay. (EOS1nRS definitely and the
ELAN probably are faster).

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.