To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>, <Afterswift@aol.com>
Subject: re: The Leica Forte
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 07:49:23 -0700

>As for Leica point and shoot cameras, I still can't figure that out beyond
>the obvious exploitation of Leica name prestige for the consumers market.

I think that's a given, although I will state from personal experience
that the little Leica Mini, Mini II, and Minizoom produce superb
pictures, with a lens quality that is definitely a serious cut above
all the others with the possible exception of the Rollei Prego line.

I don't classify the Minilux in the above, its competitors are the
Nikon 35Ti, Contax T2, Konica Hexar. These are all excellent, high
quality cameras and the Leica performs well in their company.

Godfrey