To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R 2x on SL?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 23:49:41 -0700

At 11:48 AM 7/21/96 PDT, you wrote:

>I would like to use the same converter on my Leicaflex SL but it does not
>fit; indeed, Leitz listed separate models of the converter for the SL and R
>series.

There are physical reasons why the converters won't work on both cameras. I
really doubt Leica would have had two models if they weren't forced to. When
it came out, the SL(2) line was long gone. So it was an accomodation
uncharacteristic of the rest of the industry, because Leica supports their
equipments as long as possible. The cost, if was even possible, to make a
converter work on both would be more than another converter.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

Cogito ergo Tagline