To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The "R3" (was 90 mm., 2 and 3 lug)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 12:48:31 -0700

At 09:53 AM 7/21/96 -0700, you wrote:

>(politically correct is "photographer's paradise," non politically
>correct is "corrupt and violent third world rat hole.") paradise than
>considerably more with the M's.

David Allen Harvey shoots with Leica Ms in latin American countries partly
because the camera tooks more touristy than an SLR with big lenses. I can't
blame him, but the shining path guerillas are pretty much gone now, so
journalists don't have to worry as much as when he was down there last (I
heard).

>Better yet would be an adapter allowing the Rollei SL35 lenses to be
>used on an R3/6!

What? You might as well use a Rollei body. The cameras will do little if the
lenses are "second rate." <g>

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair