To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Film choice: Durability... -Reply
From: Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 00:24:02 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 03:16 PM 7/5/96 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >slides, something many photographers do.  Then, why not
> >dupe slides -- being judicious of which slides obviously --
> >periodically so at least if you lose the original in 10 to 30
>
> My only problem with that is, dupes are second generation. And unless the
> dupes are superb, you've lost a good part of the Leica advantage anyway. But
> I have seen dupes done with a Leica R 100 f/4 that were amazingly good. They
> were done by Citizen Photo on Portland, OR.
>
> ==========================
> Eric Welch
> Grants Pass Daily Courier

Eric, and all the other readers of Leica-users...

You've hit my nail on the head...

The name of the game is TO MAKE THE DUPES IN CAMERA...in other words, shoot LOTSA
originals...then you won't lose any of that world renown Leica quality. And it's a heck
of a lot cheaper, too. And then you can make all your submissions as "original
KODACHROMES!"

Hey, it works...

...'cause photo researchers and photo editors LOVE IT!

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA