To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Window Filters
From: danielk@wharton.upenn.edu (Kermit Daniel)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 11:48:38 -0500

>>Now my question is -- was the window glass single or multi-coated?  Was it
>>perchance made by Hoya or even B+W?  Maybe I'll carry around a pane of dirty
>>window glass from now on. :-)
>>
>>Michael
>
>I'm quite sure the "filter" you used is much improved over those that I use
>when trying to shoot through airplane windows.  Those usually consist of at
>least two highly scratched pieces of plastic.

For truly startling effects I have occasionally used the visually opaque
filter Leitz thoughtfully supplies with every lens it sells.  Simple in
construction, these easy to use filters produce a radical compression in
tonal range that many find pleasing.  And the effect is entirely
predictable; results never vary.

Kermit

The Wharton School
Universityof Pennsylvania