To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Thanks
From: danielk@wharton.upenn.edu (Kermit Daniel)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 09:53:05 -0500

I want to thank everyone who responded to my request for opinions on the 90
Summicron R and 90 Elmarit R.  I got the Elmarit and it's beautiful, small,
and light (no pictures back yet so for now I have to be content with
admiring the aesthetics of the lens).  Well, actually, after using Ms until
very recently it seems beautiful, huge, and heavy.  But it is almost
exactly the size of my 35 R and is significantly lighter than the
Summicron, so I'm happy.   Of course, the first time I used it I was
shooting Kodachrome in the shade and found that wide open at 2.8 at a 90th
I was exactly one stop underexposed.  I guess I need that 2.0 Summicron
too.   Thanks again.

Kermit Daniel

The Wharton School
Universityof Pennsylvania