To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Window Filters
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 15:00:03 -0400

At 07:07 AM 02/07/96 -0700, you wrote:

>>Now my question is -- was the window glass single or multi-coated?  Was it
>>perchance made by Hoya or even B+W?  Maybe I'll carry around a pane of dirty
>>window glass from now on. :-)
>>
>>Michael
>
>Michael,
>
>I'm quite sure the "filter" you used is much improved over those that I use
>when trying to shoot through airplane windows.  Those usually consist of at
>least two highly scratched pieces of plastic.  Talk about loss of contrast!
>However, just as in your situation, if I did not press the shutter, I
>would not have any image.

I've taken the odd picture through airplane windows, but I'd rather call
them snapshots, because none has ever turned out decently.

On a recent flight on a 747 I was sitting in the cockpit as we crossed the
Grand Canyon and took a few pics, but even the co-pilot's window left a lot
to be desired in clarity.  For some reason, they didn't want to open one up
so I could get a clearer shot.

Michael