To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>, <bonniejo@sisna.com>
Subject: Re: Minilux
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 96 12:06:17 -0700

>What, if anything, does a Leica Minilux offer over a Contax T2?

I found the Contax T2 controls a little small for my fingers and
liked the Minilux controls a bit more. The lens is marginally faster.

On the other hand, I liked the T2's manual focus aid vs the Minilux'
scale focus when in manual mode.

Comparing the two of them to my Nikon 35Ti, I liked the overall size of
the T2 and 35Ti, I liked the control ergonomics of the Minilux, the
settings display of the 35Ti, and I liked a couple of the features of the
35Ti that were unavailable on either of the other two (the two metering
systems and the integrated data recording combined with the smaller size
outweighed the fiddly controls).

One of each would be wonderful but I'm not that wealthy. ]'-)

Godfrey