To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Mamiya M7 vs Leica M6
From: oguillemain@agora.fdn.fr (Olivier Guillemain)
Date: 19 Jun 1996 09:32:06 GMT

> the metering is separate to the
> viewing and taking systems. Thus it does not alter its angle of view
> according
> to the lens used: with the 43mm fisheye it is a virtual spotmeter, with
> the 150m
> telephoto (and, it is rumoured, longer lenses to follow shortly) it
> actually
> meters some of the surroundings as well. To my mind this is acceptable
> if you
> have only one lens (ideally the 65mm) but makes a mockery of the
> automation when
> a range of lenses are used.

The answer from Mamiya France :
With the 50mm, the metering area is equal to the yellow rangefinder square
With the 150 mm, the metering area is equal to the viewerfinder square

|         Olivier Guillemain          |
|         Responsable reseau          |
|  e-mail: oguillemain@agora.fdn.fr   |
|             Carpe diem              |