To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Kodak & Fuji in Japan (off topic)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 00:50:45 -0700

At 11:22 PM 6/14/96 -0400, you wrote:

>It is interesting that Fuji has changed their marketing strategy and
>saturation level over the years. I rememebr that when Fuji first entered the

For sure, it seems the dollar is more important than anything else. If
people want garish, well by gosh we'll give them garis. Thus Velvia, which I
don't like much, except in very soft flat light. And never for portraits.
Skin tones too red.

I like subtle color. Older Agfa films had a very nice pallette, but they
can't differentiate themselves, now could they. They had to go for the same
group of people and go jazzed up color.

That's why I prefer Fuji color neg films, they aren't saturated like the
chrome films are, and why I prefer Kodachrome. I like the way they work with
Leica lenses. Hmmm.....I'll have to try some of my Canon glass with PKM.
Seems I haven't shot that through Canon glass since the 70s.

One man's poison.....

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier