To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Kodak vs Japan: new Ekta any good?
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk (Mark Bishop)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 10:12:37 +0100

I wonder whether Kodak has given up on Kodachrome R&D because it can see that
the market demand is for E6 process. This being so, is there hope in the new
generation Ektachromes?
Over here (the UK) a new pro-series Ektachrome range has just gone on sale.
There is E100S (saturated - said to be like Fuji Sensia rather than Velvia),
E100SW (saturated warm - more like Velvia maybe?) and soon a straight E100 which
will be more pastel. I have read on Compuserve's photography forum opinions
which say that E100SW is really quite good, and can be pushed a stop with little
or no ill effect.
Has anyone on this group yet experienced any of these emulsions? Can you give me
any feedback on how good (or bad) they are? I currently use Fuji Sensia 99
percent of the time.