To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Free Trading...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:56:17 -0700

At 09:04 AM 6/13/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	If the person doing the bidding was an ordinary citizen,
>	I would not care what he/she bid and on what. But a
>	dealer has a special responsibility of not giving even
>	the slightest hint of manipulating the market, especially

Are you saying he bid MUCH HIGHER than anyone else in the auction, like the
bid before was $50,000 and he bid $80,000? Even then, it might be argued he
was trying to scare off competition, but I don't think so. I'll be he didn't
pay a penny more than he had to to get the camera. If that's the case, it's
hardly market manipulation. You have to know what the other bidders were
bidding before you can argue your point, I would think.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier