To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm Elmar
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 17:25:54 -0500

While putting together some data for an updated insurance policy I found
an item that perhaps someone on here knows about.

On a screw-mount Leica Standard (app date 1936-38) there is a 50mm f/3.5
Elmar (collapsible). It is marked in feet, uses the in-between f/stop
marking system (4.5, 6.3, 9 etc) and has no serial number.

Does anyone know when these were made or anything else about them? Roger
observed that Leitz only put serial numbers on Leica lenses after 1932.

I would appreciate any comments or information you may have. Thanks.

Fred Ward