To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm Elmar
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 09:09:04 -0500

Thanks for some very help comments.

Bob, the camera was described to me when I got it in the 1960s from a
photographer friend in DC who was dying and wanted to liquidate his gear
so his wife wouldn t have to. He said he thought it was a 1936 or 1937
model, Leica Standard. It is #296703.  There is the small O on the lens
flange. What does that O mean?

It still works just fine at all speeds and was obviously always carried
in its leather case, which still looks rather good.

Thanks for your help.

Fred Ward