To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (leica-users)
Subject: Swing-out polarizer
From: ohtonen.2@swsgen01es.ntc.nokia.com (Ohtonen Pasi)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 22:44:26 +0300

I just got a swing-out polarizer by mail from a guy,
who sold it to me over the net. The thing is like he
described mechanically, but I got one question
concerning the optical quality. Is it OK, if the filtering
effect is not "uniform"? If I look the sky through it,
there is not filtering effect at the center of the filter -
except in the very center. The size of the "white
spot" is around half of the filter size. In the filter,
there is a text "E.Leitz N.Y.   P" and it fits to any
lens with 39 mm filter size. It doesn't have a hood
in it.

Regards,

Pasi Ohtonen