To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #94
From: photo-op@ix.netcom.com (Bill & Sherril)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 19:01:53 -0700

>Stan must be making too much money off customers
>like me to be able to pay $80,000.00 for a Leica rarity.
>This type of bidding caraziness reminds me of the Jackie O travesty.
I'm
>sure that  LUG members will suffer as all Leica equipment will be
>considered "gold" even if in truth much of it is fool's gold in terms
of
>its investment potential.
>
>Paul T. Collura

Hello Paul,

When you go into the store to buy a candy bar, that candy bar has a
value to you.  If you think the price is fare you buy it.  If  you
thing the price is too high you don't buy it.

Mr Tamarkin (whom I do not know) was in that exact position at the
auction.  He thought the price was appropriate so he paid it.

The value of any item is what a person is willing to sell it for, and
what a willing and able is will pay for it...anywhere in the world.

End of lecture on economics 101

Regards,
Bill Erfurth
Evergreen, CO