To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: How to take close-ups with 50mm Summicron
From: Dave Topper <topper@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1996 17:49:28 -0400

Hello again,

I just spent an hour or so reading the chapter in "The Leica Manual
and Data Book" on the different lenses.  Nice discussion on resolving
power, focal length, etc...  Very nice for the novice photographer like
myself.

QUESTION:  How do I focus the 50mm Summicron for distances < 1m.  That's
where the little metal stopper requires that I pull out the lens then
release the focusing mechanism by means of the small knob-like botton on
top of the lens.  My rangefinder does not seem to take this into account
when I do it ... and is essentially rendered useless for distances < 1m.

Thanks,

DT
--
Dave Topper (me)
Student of:  Life, Computer Music and Art.

Replies: Reply from ms fokkema <michiel.fokkema@tip.nl> (Re: How to take close-ups with 50mm Summicron)