To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Russar 20/5.6
From: Nick Jackson <jacks@pc.jaring.my>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1996 18:44:43 +0800

I have just come across a new russian 20mm Russar lens with viewfinder  in the local chinese
nightmarket.  They are asking RM600 which is about £150 or US$230.

Mr Small, the great authority on all things non leica, has already very kindly assisted me in
identifying the said lens, but has anybody experience of using one of these on a screwmount
Leica. Gary T also made a  lusting reference to it in a recent posting on Jupiter lenses - have you
evere tried one Gary? Any views regarding its performance vis a vis sharpness contrast etc would
be greatly appreciated?    also is that a reasonable price or would I find one cheaper in London
(where I will be in a couple of weeks).

Nick Jackson
Kuala Lumpur

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: Russar 20/5.6)