To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Mail order screw mount lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 09:17:32 -0700

At 11:31 AM 5/27/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	That's interesting:  in the April `96 edition of Popular
>Photography, both lenses were reviewed and were given quite high praise:
>PP said that they would perform better than "most" lenses in their
>class and the SQF data looked pretty good.   Did the posters have any
>explanation for the discrepancy?

Other than the fact that Pop Photo's tests are not worth the paper they're
printed on? :-)

And what class are these lenses in anyway? Indpendent manufacturer lenses
for the Leica M? I can't think of anyone else in this category. I'd say take
Pop Photo's critique with a grain of salt, since they're reviewing equipment
from one of their largest, and oldest, advertisers.

Does anybody here have good experiences buying from Adorama? I have only
one. I found an exotic power cord for an old Canon F1 that only Adorama had,
many moons ago.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier