To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Mail order screw mount lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 12:20:38 -0400

At 11:31 AM 5/27/96 -0400,  Gary Toop wrote:

>	That's interesting:  in the April `96 edition of Popular
>Photography, both lenses were reviewed and were given quite high praise:
>PP said that they would perform better than "most" lenses in their
>class and the SQF data looked pretty good.   Did the posters have any
>explanation for the discrepancy?

C'mon, Gary!

Adorama is one of Pop's largest advertisers:  is the positive test result
any surprise?

The lenses will be, at best, mediocre.  Buy Leica, buy an old Canon, buy a
Russar -- but these will be, I suspect, distinguished only by their lack of
distinction.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!