To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #74
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 08:53:24 -0700

At 06:21 PM 5/26/96 PDT, you wrote:

>Granted the APO 2X would be wonderfull, I'm sure!  But will the extra
>expense of
>APO unit be worth it when using it with a decidedly non-APO 90mm Sumicron?

Sure, the better the converter, but better the results. I used the Leica 1.4
apo converter on a Tamron 300 2.8 and got better results than the lens by
itself. There's a very good reason why. A converter only uses the central
part of the image "cone" of a lens, which is the best part. The converter is
so good that there is no degradation of the Tamron's central performance.

And the 90 Summicron is no slouch, anyway. I've used one for more than a
decade and loved it.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier