To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Passport vs. Leica hits the sand
From: Gang Huang <gang@mtdcr.mt.att.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 96 15:13:53 EDT

At 11:11 AM 5/8/96 -0700, Eric Welch wrote:

>We have to remember that the M6-J is a major technial improvement in the M
>series. It's just too bad it's a collector. Rumors will no doubt persist for
>years, until Leica finally breaks down and builds one for the rest of us,
>that it's going to be a production camera some day. (We can hope, can't we?)

I don't know if I would call it "major technial" improvement. The M6J meter
is no better (or worst) than an M6 meter. Its finder is between M3 & M4,
with 4 framelines. It doesn't feel any smoother (or less smooth) than an M3.
Am I missing something? For the price, they could have used solid titanium
top and bottom, but that might turn some collectors away.
Gang Huang
Bell Laboratories
200 Laurel Ave. 3B-216
Middletown, NJ 07748