To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Passport vs. Leica hits the sand
From: Charles E. Dunlap <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 May 96 12:17:56 -0700

>We have to remember that the M6-J is a major technial improvement in the M
>series. It's just too bad it's a collector. Rumors will no doubt persist for
>years, until Leica finally breaks down and builds one for the rest of us,
>that it's going to be a production camera some day. (We can hope, can't we?)

I would really like to see an M6-J viewfinder option for new M6s. It
shouldn't cost any more than the current finder and would really help
with the 90mm (and 135mm) focal lengths. If you don't use a 28mm then it
would be a great choice.

What other technical improvements are in the M6-J that aren't in the
current M6? I like the engraving on the top rather than the front, but
that wouldn't count as a real engineering advance.

-Charlie

Charles E. Dunlap
Earth Sciences Dept.
University of California