To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 100mm/2.8 R APO Macro question
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 00:24:25 -0700

Another point on the 100 Apo Macro, that most people have never heard
before is that it's a pseudo zoom. The focal length changes as it is
focused to it's closest magnification (somewhere in the 90+ mm range to
optimize performance closeup). It isn't much of a change, but that will
mean that it's not really a 200 mm lens when focused close with the 2x
converter. And you can't use it with extension tubes or a bellows. It's
a great lens, and I would like to have one, but it has its limitations
that need to be taken into consideration.

I got that info from the press release announcing the lens and the lens
design philosophy behind it. It's still in my files, somewhere.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Message from Bill Christensen <kangwei@interaccess.com> (Re: 100mm/2.8 R APO Macro question)