To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Which M6?
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 14:43:54 -0400

>Thank you for your recommendations about what to look for in a used M6. Do
>you know if there are in fact any differences in meter sensitivity that I
>should be aware of? I would love to have the little plastic strap lugs, and
>of course the newer and more up-to-date the series, the better.

I've never heard of any differences in meters on the M6, but i don't
consider myself an expert by any means.

>3) I also want a 35 mm Summicron to go with my 50. I wear glasses; with the
>M4's finder I can just barely see the corners of the 35 mm frame without
>moving around. With the M6's slightly lower finder magnification, I can see
>all of it.

Another possibility for glasses wearers is to buy a 35 RF that was made for
the M3. It compresses the 35 view into the 50mm frames. I tried one on my
M2 and my wife, who wears glasses loved it, but we didn't buy it as I owned
a 35mm M lens.

Cheers!

kw

----