To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: re: which lens to start with
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 17:24:36 -0700

This type of thread seems to come up about every month.

I went for years with a Nikon FM, 35/2 and 85/2 kit as all I had. Acquired
a few others along the way. Then I went for a long time with compact cameras
(Nikon 35Ti, Olympus Stylus, etc) which have most 35mm lenses. When I bought
my Leica M4-P last year, I felt I wanted a little more length in the normal,
went with the 50/2, and a little more wide in the wide, went with the 28/2.8.
I added a 90/2 as well for a bit more reach. But the selection of what lens
fits the photography which you want to pursue the best is a personal judge-
ment that no one else can make. (I'd really love to have the 21mm as well but
that's a lot of money for me.)

For the past month or two, I've only taken pictures with my Minizoom so I
guess it's about time to crack out the M again and go do some shooting.

Godfrey