To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: re: burned shutter curtains
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 07:04:00 -0700

I burned a shutter curtain once on a IIf I had. Since then, I've taken to the
practice of always slipping the lens cap back on when I'm out of doors on a
sunny day. The problem is most acute with a wide angle lens so leaving the
lens enough out of focus to keep the sun's image blurry is somewhat hard,
besides, I like to keep my cameras pre-focused for my average prime subject
shooting distance when I'm actually out there. It only takes a moment to
pull off the lens cap and I've been lucky to always remember to do so.

Godfrey