To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R bodies
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 23:05:01 -0800

Ken Wilcox wrote:

> R lenses are DIFFERENT! Not better or worse than M lenses; just different.
> I can the see the difference, but can't describe what it is.

Most are different, though some are optically idential. The ones that
come to mind are the 90 Elmarit and the 135 Elmarit.

Some of the R lenses are simply newer, which I think accounts for them
being different, and in some cases better. But I hear both the new M and
R 28s are especially good. Wonder if anyone has compared those two
lenses.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR