To: msmall@roanoke.infi.net
Subject: Re: Zeiss and Leica and Me
From: corkflor@iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 21:50:47 +0000
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Hi Marc - you wrote - among  other subjects too numerous to mention:

  I own more Jena or Docter binoculars than I do West German Zeiss
>binoculars -- which, by the way, are made is a small German town named
>Wetzlar.  And I have an APO-Televid, as well, though I'm STILL waiting for
>the zoom eyepiece and camera adaptor to come in -- does the Royal Navy STILL
>blockade Germany?
>
>In any event, I love both branches of Zeiss and Leica as well and use their
>equipment with admiration and respect.

Questions:

a) Why does anyone need more than one pair of binos? I have a pair of Swift
Skipper 7x50s which I purchased for a laughable sum some 20 years ago. They
have proved invaluable in avoiding embarassing situations navigating my way
up and down the River Shannon (Europe's longest navigable waterway) for the
past six years or so. You guys ought to try it some time - the Shannon is
one of the world's most photogenic waterways.

b) What is an APO-Televid, and does it truly wash whiter?

c) (Answer really) - the Royal Navy still blockades everywhere. The only
problem is that that no-one notices.

d) On my trusty Mac, it's taken me 30 seconds (via Eudora) to ensure that
you get a personal reply, and that the Group gets their copy. To echo that
guru:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - and that applies to Leicas as well.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
The Brambles