To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Dr. Paul Wolff/Skikamerad Toni
From: adl@sirius.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 20:41:10 -0800

>On  5 Mar 96 at 22:39, adl@sirius.com wrote about "Re: Dr. Paul
>Wolff/Skikamerad Toni":
>
>> Speaking of the Zeiss-Jena Mirotar 1000/5.6 lens, there's one located in
>> San Francisco, California. I've seen it and it's a HUGE lens and I heard
>> that optically it's as good as the West German version. You can put
>
>I've heard that from Zeiss collectors as well, but Mr. Small will
>strongly disagree with us on this one....;-))
>I wonder how many customers have been in the position to compare the
>two...,for the West version, expect to pay 10 times as much....

I've seen the Leica R5 mounted on this 1000mm lens.  Looks Awesome!!!
Actually, Zeiss Conterex may have tested this very lens although there is
no mention as to how it compared to the West German version.  For some of
the Zeiss collectors, there is a picture of this lens with all the Contarex
lenses in many of the collectors books.  So, if it's shown at the Zeiss
West German factory, maybe they did test it afterall and are keeping mum on
the results.  Yes,
this very lens came from the Carl Zeiss (West Germany) repair and optical
facility in Canada.

ADL