To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Dr. Paul Wolff/Skikamerad Toni
From: adl@sirius.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 22:39:56 -0800

>Hi gang,
>
>I would like to say thanks to those who stimulated me to buy the
>1936 book of Dr. Paul Wolff, 'Skikamerad Toni/Winterfahrten in
>Garmisch-Partenkirchen'.
>
>The books is a real beauty, even without an addiction for Leica and
>wintersport/skiing. Luckely $$S-wise, I am only addicted to the
>latter....:-))
>
>BTW Germanophily: on the same flee market, for the first time in my
>life, I saw a Zeiss-Jena Mirotar 1000/5.6. Drooling! $4000, and I
>once passed on a $2000 offer....:-((
>

>Bye,
>
>       _/      _/       _/_/_/_/_/       _/_/_/_/_/
>     _/  _/  _/               _/       _/  _/  _/
>     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
>                     _/_/_/
>

><w.j.markerink@a1.nl>

Speaking of the Zeiss-Jena Mirotar 1000/5.6 lens, there's one located in
San Francisco, California. I've seen it and it's a HUGE lens and I heard
that optically it's as good as the West German version. You can put
T-mounts on the Jena lens, allowing all different types of camera bodies on
it, even the Leica R bodies.  Metering is affected however, but then when
you're using a 32 lb lens, there's no hurry.

ADL