To: "leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Leica...of the future...
From: Jack Hamilton <Jack.Hamilton@internetMCI.COM>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 22:46:19 -0500
Cc: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>

-- [ From: Jack Hamilton * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

Chris, other Leica enthusiasts:

In my first post, I tried to suggest that I don't imagine that Leica will
do much changing to the "M" camera, in the immediate future...

The point that I was trying to make, was that Leica, trying to reinforce
itself in the world market, will come out with a camera that will compete
with the Contax G cameras...complete with German design and optics, but
with Japanese electronics and assembly. Contax has gone this route, with
reasonable success...and Leica will probably try to follow suit.

Just my two cents (or maybe I should say deutche marks) worth...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

e-mail to: jack.hamilton@internetMCI.com