To: "'Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'" <Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Batteries for Leica SLR's
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@sol.wf.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 06:14:43 -0600

For some time, I've been considering purchasing a used Leicaflex SL or, since they're so cheap, an R3 or R4.  I understand there is a battery availability problem for some older Leica reflexes, but I don't know the details.
(There's no Leica dealer near me in semi-rural north Texas). Could someone tell me which models are affected and how, and whether there is a fix available?
Replied:  9 Feb 96 08:23